Week one is done! And what a jam-packed first week it was for the JOLT team.
Here are some of the week’s highlights:
- The six JOLT teams moved into their new home for the next 16 weeks – the MaRS Commons (below)
Three of our JOLT partners came in to present:
Jet Cooper (below) – the Jet Cooper story, why design is so important, as is user experience for any web/mobile consumer company, and how this should be integrated into their products from day one.
Canadian Film Centre (CFC) – The importance of story telling, talk about the problem and your company’s solution on how to tackle it.
The Working Group – development side of startups, mobile shop development, where they can help out and what capacity, their resource
Day one concluded with an amazing outdoor BBQ with the Entrepreneur in resident (EIR’s), and the teams met their lead mentors.
- The teams worked it for the camera in the MaRS atrium for their official JOLT headshots.
- JOLT partner Postmedia Network Inc. came in to discuss blogs, videos and articles – stay tuned for more on this!
- Fireside chat with top accelerators.
- JOLT partner Media Profile came in to discuss the ins and outs of the PR process for the startups.
- Co-Founder and CTO of Wave Accounting James Lochrie recounted his startup story and journey as an entrepreneur.
- Peter Evans – JOLT mentor and Founder & CEO of Speakerfile gave the cohort tips and tricks on how to present their companies.
- Pitch practice
- Pizza party
- First JOLT social at The Pilot Tavern in Yorkville
Whew – what a week! Rest up this weekend, JOLTees – another big week ahead is upon us!
Jennifer Marron, Community Manager
PS – Don’t forget to follow us on twitter – @joltco